Force Ten Paintball Team :: Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force Ten is a Professional Paintball team that plays all accross Ontario, Canada with the goal of promoting the sport of paintball. Lead, follow or get out of the way!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WhoDog the Pump master

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

WhoDog the Pump master Empty
PostWhoDog the Pump master

OVERVIEW
Hello everyone, WhoDog here to talk a bit about good ol' pump action markers. In here I will review the different pumps I have used and give you my thoughts and opinions on them. As most of you know I am a big fan of CCM and a proud owner of the T2. Hopefully one day soon I will have the new prototype aswell. Series 7...or whatever they are going to call it Razz

So far I have only owed two pumps, the Azodin Kaos Pump which Addy and I did a video review on, and the CCM T2. I have tried others such as the Empire Tracer, the new one, The Empire Sniper... oh yeah the RAP4 shot gun, aaannndd I think that is all for now. I haven't really got to try the older models that first came out. The old PGPs and Sheridans. They do have a nice feel to them but are heavy as they were made from brass or copper tubing and other various plumbing parts.

The reason I got into playing pump was, for one, I wanted to try it out, plus having the benifits of using less paint (unless you're Johnny"sexytime") and having to carry less on you. Another benifit is it will hone your skills, force you to take better shots and improve your sneaking and targeting skills. If you don't already own a pump marker, I recommend getting your hands on one. They are a blast to play with and your game will get better for it. That's all for this segment. Next up I will talk a bit about the Azodin KP pump. Thanks for reading Smile

Last edited by WhoDog on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

WhoDog the Pump master :: Comments

WhoDog
The Azodin Kaos pump
Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 pm  WhoDog
AZODIN KAOS PUMP
My first pump gun, the Azodin KP. When I first got it I loved it. I paid something like 90 bucks brand new. For the year I owned it I put about 250 bucks worth of upgrades into it. Anyway, the proformance of the KP! If you watched our video we mention it is a great entry level pump, and it is just that. Its a good solid little marker. Easy to work on and clean, accurate, light. Velocity adjusts on the back (IVG). Just a couple things you have to look out for on this marker. One, make sure if you get one, you get one with a stainless steel pump arm. The first gen one was black and made of very light cheap metal so it broke easy. Two, you have to keep the pump handle guide rails good and clean and lubed up for a smooth pump stroke.

A new Azodin Kaos pump will run ya about 180 and tax, maybe less if you go threw Camp X(Johnny). It doesn't have an auto trigger however they an electronic version that will give you the auto trigger function. So, if you want to give pump play a try, I recomend giving the Azodin Kaos Pump a try. For more of what we thought on this marker, check out our review on youtube and thanks for reading Smile

Last edited by WhoDog on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhoDog
Re: WhoDog the Pump master
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 pm  WhoDog
CCM T2

I love this marker! It is by far my most favourite to use in any game situation. All hand built by the master craftsmen at CCM(Chipley Custom Machine). Very simple clean looking marker. Very easy to work on. I love how this marker performs too. Consistent and accurate, this thing is just a beauty to shoot. It has dual pump arms for a smooth easy pump stroke. She also has an auto trigger for fast shooting for when you get into some hairy situations. The only upgrade I did was install a Planet Eclipse Pops on/off and I use a Stiffi MF barrel. The stock barrel is a little on the short side, probably meant for a smaller field or indoor play. You will pay upwards of 600 bucks for this marker but it's worth it if you think about it. I ordered mine in a dust finish which looks nice and won't give off glare if you want to stay well hidden. It is a bit harder to keep clean however and the gloss finish I find has a slightly smoother feel to it. High quality parts, high quality product, high caliber action! If you want a kickass pump marker, I highly recommend the CCM T2 or any one made by CCM!

CCM S6.5
Coming soon, 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by WhoDog on Mon May 07, 2012 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
KawsDog
Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm  KawsDog
$100 for your AK pump
WhoDog
Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 pm  WhoDog
can you at least do 140? please sir Dawg Master sir? Very Happy
WhoDog
Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm  WhoDog
Misc. Pumps
Lets start off with the Rap4 Shotgun. For all intence and purposes, I found this marker to be more of a show piece. It does have the look and feel of a real law enforcement type shotgun, which is cool, I just wasn't all that impressed by its proformance. For instance, to adjust your velocity you must first degas the marker, remove the stock which holds your tank or double 12 gram case, then you take their special tool and adjust the screw. Then you put it all back together and hope to hell you got it right Razz Such a pain! To load paint you open a little trap door just in front of the trigger gaurd and pop em in much like a real shotgun. Which I thought was pretty cool. It will hold 12 shots. The one I used was very hard on paint. Even Camp X field paint! I don't think I had one decent shot all day with that thing. If this marker was a little better engineered, like having the velocity adjuster on the outside somehow, I would consider picking one of these up. But for the money, you can get way better stuff out there.

Next up, my quick thoughts on the new Empire Tracer. I've only shot one of these a couple times. Right off the bat it didn't feel right to me. Something to do with the shape of the body maybe, I have the sensation its shooting higher than what I'm aiming at. It does have some neat features, like an autotrigger and an anti-double feed mechanism. However, I found there to be a problem with the internals. A Camp X regular who owns a Tracer showed me that the trigger seer was sharp and that it wears down the lip in the groove on the hammer. It wears itself out fairly quickly from what he tells me. I believe this marker goes for about 100 bucks, so I guess you get what you pay for...

Another Empire maker, the Sniper. I've only shot this once but I'm starting to see more and more of them out on the field. It has a simular look and feel to the CCM T2. I still like the T2 better but I'll have to try this marker out a little more before I can speak more about it. I think these go for just under 500. If you really want one of these, I'd wait till the CCM Prototype is released and then get your hands on a T2 as they MAY drop in price.
WhoDog
Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am  WhoDog
Coming soon! Our video on the T2 vs Sniper! WhoDog and Addy chat about each and what they thought about their proformance at Flag Raiders RED DAWN!! Catch it on OpticPaintball youtube!!!
sexytime
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:05 pm  sexytime
i will be ordering a bob long pump in a couple weeks so we can get a review on what you think of that
WhoDog
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:54 am  WhoDog
sexytime wrote:
i will be ordering a bob long pump in a couple weeks so we can get a review on what you think of that

We most certainly will!!!
sexytime
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 am  sexytime
yeah man. i am gonna order reverse color in hot pink and black. it'll be smexy
Post   Sponsored content

WhoDog the Pump master

Page 1 of 1