Force Ten Paintball Team :: Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force Ten is a Professional Paintball team that plays all accross Ontario, Canada with the goal of promoting the sport of paintball. Lead, follow or get out of the way!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CampX Road Conditions.

Go down 
+3
Jay82
WhoDog
ProtoDan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ProtoDan
Renter
Renter
ProtoDan

CampX Road Conditions. Empty
PostSubject: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 am

I am hoping to keep an update on the conditions of the road into CampX. Days when I head to X I will update the this on my phone in the morning to let everyone know. How were the conditions last week, if anyone was out?
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 am

Coming from the North (Taunton Rd) was the best way to go. It was still a little bumpy but with all the snow and ice it was decent if you wet slow. Saw a few cars slid into the ditch Razz
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:29 am

Now that the warmer weather is coming the frost is coming out of the ground making the road very soupy. No problem for 4x4's, SUV's and trucks... and so far my lil Cavalier Razz These next few weeks will be pretty dicey till she dries up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Jay82
Renter
Renter
Jay82

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:50 pm

my toyota will dominate that muddy road all day every day this spring cheers
Back to top Go down
Addy Psycho Keswicki
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
Addy Psycho Keswicki

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Maybe I'll get stuck again....
Back to top Go down
ProtoDan
Renter
Renter
ProtoDan

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

I was pretty bad by Saturday at 2pm this past weekend. I bet by this coming weekend it will be unusableunless you have a truck.
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Saturday morning I'm going to head up there early so hopefully the road will be hard enough for my little car to float accross Razz
Back to top Go down
sexytime
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
sexytime

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 pm

depending on the weather i might be going up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
sexytime
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
sexytime

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:26 am

the only way anyone is getting down that road is with 4x4 but fred rented a truck yesterday to shuttle gear and people, i think it will still be there for today
Back to top Go down
Addy Psycho Keswicki
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
Addy Psycho Keswicki

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

As of Sunday March 18...the road was....HORRIBLE
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 am

Horrible yes! and getting worse...
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 am

The road is still rutted and bumpy as hell but I managed to get my car down the road. Many others did too. Hopefully it stays dry for a bit then they can run a grader threw it, make it all smooth again.
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 am

Hey Anderson! You got your Beamer down that road once, How much ground clearance do you have? I want to compare to my new car.
Back to top Go down
KawsDog
Amatuer
Amatuer
KawsDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I wouldn't suggest driving a new car down that road. Just like John, I was going less than 10km/hr and maneuvering through it.There are A LOT of deep holes.. I would not recommend going if it's raining or muddy. Extremely bumpy ride.

I really hope Fred will fix it soon and have some sort of leveling to drain the water to the sides.
Back to top Go down
Dm83
Coverall
Coverall
Dm83

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Maybe in the future asphalt it
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 am

All they have to do is ditch the sides, grade the road so it drains into the ditch, then lay down 300mm of crushed recycled asphault. That stuff will pack tight and be just as good.
Back to top Go down
Jay82
Renter
Renter
Jay82

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

WhoDog wrote:
All they have to do is ditch the sides, grade the road so it drains into the ditch, then lay down 300mm of crushed recycled asphault. That stuff will pack tight and be just as good.

quote for truth. so true, its literally that easy...
Back to top Go down
KawsDog
Amatuer
Amatuer
KawsDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 pm

people say it's easy.. but whose going to do it? I don't think Fred has any plans right now... if he does, I would be very pleased. But at the moment, I am not content.
Back to top Go down
Addy Psycho Keswicki
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
Addy Psycho Keswicki

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 pm

This weekend it was dry by very bumpy.

As for it being paved over...that's a whole other issue all together...
Back to top Go down
sexytime
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
sexytime

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 pm

i drove up from the south end today and it wasnt to bad as long as you have a wide wheel base cuz some holes are kinda bid, no way a skinny car like addys would make it
Back to top Go down
WhoDog
Semi Auto
Semi Auto
WhoDog

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 am

THE ROAD IS GRADED!!!! All nice and smooth again according to Johnny and a few others Smile Look forward to going down to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CampX Road Conditions.   CampX Road Conditions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CampX Road Conditions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Force Ten Paintball Team :: Community Forum :: General Information-
Jump to: